The Danish Embassy in Jakarta is seeking a new programme officer in the development section. The work is mainly related to the Embassy programmes in good governance, curbing corruption and environmental support. Assignments at the Embassy include:
Programme Officer (M/F), Development Section, The Danish Embassy, Jakarta
- Assisting in the implementation of the existing good governance, environment and clean development mechanism (CDM) programs
- Assisting with facilitating, providing, monitoring and reporting/accounting for the use of grant assistance to relevant cooperation partners in Indonesia
- Soliciting and reviewing incoming project proposals
- Arranging and participating in meetings within the development field
- Preparing visiting programs within the development field for embassy staff and for incoming delegations
- Independent meetings and day-to-day contact with cooperation partners
- Reconciling program/project accounts
- Keep a record with the list of new programs/projects, consultants, NGO’s etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of program/project documents and contracts including budgets, commitments and cash flow assisted by the accounting officer
- Monitoring and reporting on the programs/projects
- Monitor the use of the funds on the programs/projects
- Responsible for entries in the Program Data Base (PDB)
- A degree within Natural Science or Political Science is a priority and experience from work within development assistance preferable.
- The Programme Officer will refer to the Deputy Head of Mission and in his absence the Counsellor.
- Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should be Indonesian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
Starting date January 1, 2009 or soonest thereafter,
Deadline for application: Monday 24th November 2008